We are the largest public sector run consultancy in Wales, working with an extensive and varied list of clients, both in the public and private sector.
We have a long tradition of being able to offer career opportunities for those who wish to pursue a highly skilled career in the built environment.
Over the years, we have invested heavily in our staff, offering those who seek it, the opportunity to gain further academic and/or professional qualifications.
We are passionate about sustaining local employment across a range of disciplines and currently over 80% of our staff reside in the county of Gwynedd.
This not only means that we are able to retain skilled people within the region, but we are also contributing towards creating a sustainable economic environment by ensuring that we retain local employment in rewarding and challenging sectors.
This ensures that the people we employ have a good work-life balance and can continue to contribute to making the local communities prosperous and vibrant places to live and work.
We are continually looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people to join us.
why join YGC?
Working for us, you can benefit from the following:
Ensuring that staff strike a healthy balance between work and home life is very important to us.
Staff can take advantage of the following arrangements:
· Flexible working hours (when circumstances allow)
· Job share (where circumstances allow)
· Maternity, paternity and adoption leave allowance
· Parental leave and flexible working for parents and carers
Training and Development
We recognises the importance of investing in its most important asset – its people.
Every YGC employee can expect:
A formal induction process and an annual performance review
A wide range of internal and external training and development opportunities
Contribution towards the membership of professional bodies whoch are relevant to the work
We operate a Local Government Pension Scheme
Information about the scheme can be found on the Gwynedd Pension Fund website.
There are a number of additional benefits to working for us, including:
· An opportunity to work within a Welsh language environment – Welsh is our official administrative language
· Child care vouchers, whoch are exempt from Tax and NI
· Assisted Car and Bicycle purchase schemes
· Awareness raising events about health and wellbeing matters
· Free carparking facilities
· Free eye test for staff who use display screens ona a regular basis
· MEDRA Counselling Service – free and confidential counselling for staff
Is an apprenticeship the next step for you?
Make a genius decision, choose an apprenticeship in Civil Engineering with us.
An apprenticeship is a chance for you to develop your career by working with experienced people, gaining qualifications and being paid at the same time!
Apprenticeship opportunities at YGC form part of the Gwynedd Council Apprenticeship programme.
Further information can be found here on the Gwynedd Council website